• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 795.72053110 Ice/water button turns on light but does not dispense water or ice

Michael824

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
When I hit the dispense button, I hear/feel the click of the switch and the light comes on, suggesting the the switch is functional. But it is otherwise silent. No water pump, no water - when in water mode. And no turning of the ice dispenser when in ice mode. The motherboard was recently replaced but no change. And the ice maker unit was recently replaced. This problem developed a few weeks after the ice maker unit was replaced. Don’t know if related. Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Michael,

It sounds like possibly a broken or pinched wire is causing this problem, because its very uncommon for both the water and ice dispenser to STOP working at the same time.

Check your wire harness where it comes into the door for broken or pinched wire/wires.

Jake

Michael824

Premium Member
Umm. Exactly right. All I did was take off the front panel with the electronic buttons and board, moved the numerous wires around a bit making sure everything was free and clear, and then tried it again. Now both work. Incredible. Perfect diagnosis. Thanks so much!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Michael, easy and painless.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake