FIXED 795.72053112 Kenmore Elite in the door ice maker will not rotate to dump ice.

JohnRoss

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
When I opened the ice maker door and put my finger in the ice tray they were all full of ice.
I used a heat gun to melt the ice because the ice tray would not rotate and empty. When I turn the switch off then on the ice tray will only rotate about a quarter of one inch then return back. I unplugged the refrigerator for 5 minutes then turned the ice maker switch back on without any results.

Is there any way to manually rotate the ice tray completely?

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi John,

Is there any way to manually rotate the ice tray completely?
No.

DO THIS BELOW:

Pull the plug on the unit for 5 minutes to reset the computer(control board).

Plug it back in. Make sure the icemaker switch is turned on.

Press and hold the ice maker test button down till the tray starts to move. Then release.

If the ice maker does not cycle, then it's your ice maker that's bad.

Here's the part you need if the original icemaker has a secondary or smaller wire connector and has 3 wires in it.

Ice Maker Assembly AEQ73110203

If the original icemaker has a 6 wire connector, order this one:
AEQ73110205 Ice Maker Assembly

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its called a FILL KEY on this model, its located underneath the left side, see that sticker the says Important? Its underneath that.

To force water to supply to the ice tray, or check icemaker’s condition press and hold the FILL Key for about 3 seconds.

In the test mode, The icemaker will run through 3 stages step by step
Harvest--->Fill water--->Ice making

Jake

JohnRoss

Premium Member
Good morning Jake,

Thank you so much for your assistance with my ice maker. The ice maker is now back to normal and working at 100%.

It's wonderful that a person with your knowledge takes the time to help people with appliance problems.

God bless you and thank you again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What was wrong with it John?

Jake

JohnRoss

Premium Member
What I did to repair the problem.

1st = I used a heat gun and melted the ice that would not come out of the ice trays.

2nd = I turned the ice maker switch off then back on but the ice tray would only move about 1/4 inch and would not dump the ice.

3rd = I pressed the FILL KEY for 3 seconds. After do so the ice tray dumped the ice and everything reset to normal and my ice tray container is full of ice.

I can only assume this problem happened because the doors were left open while cleaning the refrigerator. Some of the water in the ice tray must have sloshed around and then froze in a way to keep the ice tray from moving correctly.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent John, good job.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake