• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

795.72053112 Kenmore Refrigerator not cooling

productsalesmgr

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Builder installed Kenmore Elite refrigerator French Door with bottom freezer stop cooling. Fan working but not getting any sound from the compressor. Refrigerator and freezer will not work. There is no Error code on the screen. Not sure if the thermistor or the condenser is gone. Please advise.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then remove the control board cover, then press the reset button on the control board and tell us if the LED is blinking or not, if it is blinking tell us how many times in a row it blinks.

Here is the flow chart:
LG Linear Troubleshoot.jpg

Jake

productsalesmgr

Premium Member
Thanks for your response. i did press the reset button and didn't see any blinking light but heard three chimes. After pressing again,i hear the charms twice in 3 three times, then saw 22 22 on the screen. Later saw a blinking light 6 times

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, in the flowchart 6 times--->Is the compressor running? Put your hand on the top of the compressor and feel if its running/vibrating.

If your compressor is NOT running, then unplug the refrigerator and remove the compressor start relay device and ohm test it with a multimeter set on the lowest ohms of resistance, I set mine on 200 ohms.

Normal ohms should be between 0 to 12 ohms on your model.

Here's the compressor start device for your model:
EBG60663230 Thermistor Assembly,ptc

Jake

productsalesmgr

Premium Member
Thank you so much sir, i did put my hand on the compressor and i can feel it running. Feel some vibration, but notice after a while when it want to "rest" or cut off, there seems to be a sound when stopping or restarting.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then your compressor is likely the culprit.

Jake

productsalesmgr

Premium Member
Thanks for the response.
I called to sears but wanted to charge $200 to come out and diagnose the issue. I was told the compressor is under warranty but they won't give figure to fix.
Will call local for repair. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd, if under warranty there should be no charge to fix it, except for maybe a trip charge.

Call 1-800-469-4663 and ask for customer relations.

Jake

productsalesmgr

Premium Member
Thanks for your advise.
I have called sears but they insisted on charging $200 before coming to diagnose the problem. I called a local shop for $50 to check and confirm it was the compressor. He asked me to call sears if they can send the replacement compressor but they insisted unless their technician come to do the diagnosis that is when they will release the compressor to him to fix and they will not tell me the amount for fixing it unless their technician. I have decided to order the compressor from the website you gave me for the local repair shop to fix for me. Thanks so much for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Call them a second time, you will get a different person, you see what I mean?

Jake