• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

795.72053114 Kenmore Refrigerator not cooling

kersh

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
My fridge isn't cooling. The compressor does appear to be running (at least as far as I can tell from feeling vibration). With the help of you fine folks I'd previously repaired my GE fridge by recharging with R134 via bullet piercing valve. Tried the same technique with this fridge (ran a vacuum pump 30 minutes and then attempted to recharge) but no cigar. With my gauges I can tell the low pressure line has no suction.

This fridge appears to be a relabeled LG (the compressor is labeled LG). I checked with Sears Kenmore and they say the compressor is warrantied for 10 years. But they won't just send me the compressor. They'll only send the compressor to one of their authorized repair guys. So even with a free replacement compressor I'm looking at $hundreds in "diagnostic fee" and repair costs for something I can likely take care of myself (provided it is indeed the compressor).

Suggestions appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1190.JPG
    IMG_1190.JPG
    510.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1192.JPG
    576 KB · Views: 39

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

With my gauges I can tell the low pressure line has no suction.

Install gauge on low side, let the refrigerator sit off 15 minutes, observe the low side pressure.
Install power cord and confirm the compressor is running, observe the low side pressure and post the results here.

This fridge appears to be a relabeled LG

The 795. model# prefix means this Kenmore is made by LG.

jeff sr.

kersh

Premium Member
I vacuumed down the system. So currently there's no R134 in it.
Running or not the low side reads 0.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
With my gauges I can tell the low pressure line has no suction.

Add a little and see what happens to the pressures, static and running.
Absolutely no movement would indicate a broken compressor....bad valve, shattered piston or such.

I vacuumed down the system. So currently there's no R134 in it.

You would have wanted to test the system before doing anything to it.

jeff sr.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.