• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

795.72063.112 Kenmore Elite refrigerator door won’t seal tight

Texan59

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
The right side French door on my refrigerator will not seal tight. I replaced the door gasket which did not help. The parts diagram which is very hard to see shows a door closer spring as applicable and the Sears parts direct agent said that should fix it. Ordered the spring but after taking the door off it isn’t obvious where it would go. Any ideas would be appreciated

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
How do you know it does not seal tight? Are you getting warm kitchen air coming in and making condensation inside the refrigerator? Can you see an obvious gap in the door gasket?

Is it not keeping the food and drinks cold?

Take a few photos of how the door gasket seals to the cabinet and upload them here.

Jake

Texan59

Premium Member
I say that because there isn’t any resistance when opening the door and when the left side door is closed it jars the right side door loose. My choice of words in sealing probably wasn’t the best description, sorry.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, there won't be much resistance/suction on these model door gaskets like the old ones use to have.

But as long as your not getting any condensation inside the refrigerator section and its cooling properly in the refrigerator section, then it should be fine.

Jake

Texan59

Premium Member
There isn’t enough resistance/ suction to keep it closed though. When I close the left door the right door pops open. Can you confirm if there is in fact a closer spring and where it goes. The schematic doesn’t make it very clear. Thanks Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Does the left door close by-itself? If not, that would make the left door pop open when you close the right side door.

I'm not that familiar with Kenmore 795 models made by LG as far as the door closer device. It is very difficult to tell if the right side door has a closer device, Sears sucks with their Kenmore 795 model parts diagrams, they are too blurry.

Here's the Lower Refrigerator Door Hinge:
lg-center-hinge-assy-aeh36821908-ap5657408_01_l.jpg

Jake