795.72063.112 Kenmore Fridge Not Blowing Cold

jaeger

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello!

I have a Kenmore Elite Model: 795.72063.112 that was purchased back in 2013. It's no longer getting cold, but the fans are blowing air. I checked the compressor compartment and the condenser fan is running and the compressor is still running (though after running for about 20-30 minutes the compressor will make a BZZZT sound and stop, then start running again after a few seconds). I've tried adding more r134a to the compressor using a piercing valve since I thought maybe it needed to be recharged, but it's still not blowing cold. I'm stumped on what to do with this thing and I can't really afford to pay a professional hundreds to fix it at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Added complete model number

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi jaeger,

72063 is just a partial model number, we need the complete model number. There should be 3 digits in front of the 72063, like 106 or 795 or 253 or 596.

Click here: Appliance Parts

Then you will see a link that says: How to find a model number.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks, your compressor has gone bad, very common for this Kenmore 795 made by LG.

There is a LG Class action lawsuit for this problem:

Contact Sears and see what your options are per that Class Action.

Jake

jaeger

Premium Member
Thanks, your compressor has gone bad, very common for this Kenmore 795 made by LG.

There is a LG Class action lawsuit for this problem:

Contact Sears and see what your options are per that Class Action.

Jake

Oh great...

Thank you so much for the heads up! Looks like I'll be using the temporary cheap fridge for awhile. So if I buy and install a new compressor will that fix it or is it the fridge's design that's causes the compressor to fail prematurely?

I guess if I do have replace the compressor with a new one, then I have two options:

1. Buy a new one and have it installed. (Can you recommend an affordable compressor model that is compatible with this fridge?)

2. Tricky, but I like to tinker with things, so I could try to carefully cut the weld on the compressor, find the defect and replace it, then weld the unit back together. This seems like a temporary but cheap fix since if the compressor has a faulty design then even replacing whatever broke inside of it will eventually break it again, and there's a very good chance I may not even be able to fix the unit but it's worth a shot if it's a viable option.

What is your honest recommendation?

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Consumers can't install their own compressors, you need a licensed refrigeration tech to do it for you.

We don't get into sealed system repairs here, sorry.

Jake