• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

795.72092.310 Kenmore Elite Refrigerator No water from inlet solenoid.

Caesarv70xc

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator model 795.72092.310 and for the longest time we had water to the ice maker and no water to the dispenser. The tech said to replace the assembly in the door because the valve to the water dispenser was stuck closed. I replaced that without problem but now there is no water to anything. I noticed the ice looked a bit old and not refilled so I suspect there was no water to the ice maker for a while.

I then replaced the water inlet valve assemble but that did not help so I was stumped. I then researched how to troubleshoot those components and found all the replaced assemblies had electrical continuity. (they may have failed mechanically but I hear the door valves make noise when pressing the dispenser but not the new water inlet valve). When operating the dispenser for water I hear the valves making noise but no water coming in. I suspect there is no power to the inlet valve solenoid but I have no idea how to check that.

I have check for frozen lines and they are all clear from the water filter to the door holding tank. I also replaced the water filter because it could have become clogged. The only thing I have not done is replace the parts in the Dispenser unit (like refrigerator display cover assembly or refrigerator power control board cover) or the main refrigerator electronic control board because I do not know which part is actually responsible for sending power to the water inlet solenoid valve assembly. Any clarification as to which part to replace next would be great. Thanks!

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I have no idea how to check that.
You need a DMM that can measure Volts AC.

Remove the two wire connector on the water valve solenoid an put the meter leads in the connector. If you don't have water to the dispenser or ice maker the problem is most likely the water valve on the back of the machine.
lg-valve-assembly-water-aju72992603-ap5331238_01_m.jpg

Caesarv70xc

Premium Member
Hi,
I have water now at the ice machine but still no water at the door. Water appears to somehow get there enough to squirt out but that is all that there is, one splash and no more. I have replaced the unit in the door and the unit in the back and the water filter inside the fridge. I am at a loss as to what to replace next.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Water appears to somehow get there enough to squirt out but that is all that there is,
Did you bleed all the air from the system when you replaced the water valve? It sounds like you have ice in one of the lines or possibly the reservoir. Start by checking the new water valve. Disconnect the water line for the dispenser at the water valve. Press the dispenser lever and see if water comes out of the valve. Then do the same thing at the water reservoir until you find where you're losing the water.