• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

795.73157.610 Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator Not Cooling

JeffW99

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello again!

I have a Kenmore Elite French Door that will not cool at all (Model# 795.73157.610).

The compressor and fan is coming on in the back, all of the fans in the cabinet seem to be working properly, yet it is not cooling. Somewhere along the line someone put one of those bullet piercing valves on the thing to add refrigerant. I unfortunately do not have the proper gauges to determine if it is high or low on refrigerant so this is what has led me here.

I guess my question is if the previous owner over charged the system, would it cause it to not cool at all? If that isn't the case, is there anything else I should check before giving up on fixing this one myself?

As always, I appreciate any words of advice/encouragement you guys can offer to help me get this one operating properly.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
....... someone put one of those bullet piercing valves on ......
The only thing you can conclude is the sealed system needed to be accessed which is a bad sign. Refrigerant leaks are common so you might be correct. There might be a restriction in the system or the compressor might be inefficient. Either way it comes down to a sealed system repair. Sealed system repairs are expensive and will often exceed the machines value. If it is a leak then adding refrigerant will just leak out again.

JeffW99

Premium Member
Confirmed it is a sealed system problem today. Thanks for your help...on to the next one!