• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

795.74023.411 Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - condenser fan error and replacement issue

azaki

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
A few months ago i received an error (er cf). After looking it up and finding out its a condenser fan issue, I did a search for the part on sears's website and was able to find the replacement part (EAU62025701). I even verified with a local appliance part store and I purchased it. However, once i recieved the fan, it seems that the pin is different from the older one. Please see attached pics. Did I unplug a wrong pin? any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 16
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 16
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 14

azaki

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply. when you zoom in on them both you see that are both the same as the new motor.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
You're right. Sorry, I was confusing the images.

So it looks like that is the appriprate replacement. The wiring might have to be spliced together. Maybe just the connector can me spliced onto the new motor?

Dan O.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
There are a couple of the original part number motors up for auction on eBay. As near as I can tell from the pictures they look to use the same connector as that replacement motor.

I can't explain the different connector on the fridge although the fridge does look like it was serviced previously. I don't know why that connector would change though.

Dan O.

azaki

Premium Member
I did have to replace the compressor 2 years ago. Should i hire an appliance tech to splice the wiring? what do i tell them to bring? i dont want multiple trips.

azaki

Premium Member
the old fan works but every 2weeks i get the er cf message and have to unplug for a few mins to reset. Could oiling the barings work? where do i apply the oil?