• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

795.74093.410 - Removal of Front Dispenser Panel - how to?

jeepjep

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Our Kenmore started to dispense water after a few seconds of getting water. Today it started dispensing on it's own, dispensed for around 2-3 seconds. I was thinking that maybe the microswitch is malfunctioning or gunk up there somewhere. I was attempting to disassemble the front but I can not for the life of me figure out how to pry/wedge that thing out. I started at the bottom with a putty knife but I feel like I am going to break it. I tried youtube and service manual lookups (they want $17 - 34 for a service manual download).

Anyone have this or know how to get this out? Photo attached of the front panel that I am attempting to not break!

Attachments

• PXL_20230121_162433175.jpg
    PXL_20230121_162433175.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 15

jeepjep

Premium Member
Our Kenmore started to dispense water after a few seconds of getting water. Today it started dispensing on it's own, dispensed for around 2-3 seconds. I was thinking that maybe the microswitch is malfunctioning or gunk up there somewhere. I was attempting to disassemble the front but I can not for the life of me figure out how to pry/wedge that thing out. I started at the bottom with a putty knife but I feel like I am going to break it. I tried youtube and service manual lookups (they want $17 - 34 for a service manual download).

Anyone have this or know how to get this out? Photo attached of the front panel that I am attempting to not break!

Update - I decided to turn the water off to the frig from the wall, I do not trust it when I leave the house. Now it just drips from the water dispenser? that does not make sense to me... It will eventually stop as there is no water supply to keep the drip going, just not expecting this.

jeepjep

Premium Member
I searched everywhere for this! You are awesome, thank you! Looks like I can still break it pretty good, I will tackle this tomorrow.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.