• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

795.76203901 Er FF error code on Kenmore fridge

Pabush1002

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Before we left for one month vacation we turned icemaker off (also water to fridge). Came home, turned water and icemaker back on. Icemaker was very slow to make cubes (about 6 to 8 at a time, only half tray would fill) so a few days later I pressed "ULTRA" ice only to get the Er FF error code displayed. Fridge portion was not cool. We unplugged and error code cleared for about an hour. We unplugged again for about 6 hours and that cleared the error code for about 10 hours. We removed back panel to check freezer fan and that seems to be working ok although we didnt do ohm test yet. Any suggestions? Thank you!!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I had one do this last week, the freezer fan was not running at all. I ohmed tested the freezer fan and got nothing. I ordered and replaced the freezer fan motor and that fixed it.

Here's the freezer fan motor for your model you can order:
4681JB1029H Motor Assembly

The one I had last week used this same exact freezer fan motor.

We removed back panel to check freezer fan and that seems to be working ok although we didn't do ohm test yet. Any suggestions?
So I'd first ohm test it with a digital multimeter, and it your numbers on the digital multimeter change, if they don't change when you ohm test it, its bad.

If your freezer fan motor is running, does it seem to be running slow?

Jake