• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

795.78403804 Water Dispenser Yes, Ice No

ohbaby!

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Have a Kenmore 795.78403.804
The ice tray won't fill with water.
The dispenser on the door still works.
If you fill the ice trays manually, they make and dump ice, but don't fill back up.

I don't mind digging/replacing, just not sure where to start on this one, the fact that the water still dispenses through the door is really throwing me...

Thanks!

ohbaby!

Premium Member
I held down the button to go through the test cycle, the ejector rotates around, everything appears to operate properly and at the end I hear a click which is supposed to be the water filling but nothing is coming out. Seems like it has to be frozen/clogged?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, I'd first check to see if the fill tube to the ice maker is clogged with ice.

If not, You have a dual water inlet valve in the left door. Take the ice maker water line off and then run the ice maker test again to see if water shoots out from the valve.

To access, open the left door then Remove the lowest door bin on the left door bin and there is a removable panel at the bottom of the door. Remove the one screw holding it and push the left side of the panel to unsnap the panel from it's mount. There will be a dual water valve there.

Here it is for your model: (part # MJX41869202) which feeds the water dispenser and the ice maker.

I think you have two water inlet valves, I found the one in the door, but not the other one which should be in the very back of the refrigerator, once you pull the refrigerator out from the wall, look to see where your water supply line goes then you should see the one in the very back of the refrigerator, it may a have cover over it.

Here's a similar thread which has the exact same dual water inlet valve in the door as yours does: FIXED: Kenmore Elite Model 795.71053014 - no water to ice maker

Here's the dual water inlet valve in the door, for your model:
MJX41869202 Valve,water

Jake

ohbaby!

Premium Member
The valve appears to be the problem, it is on the way and I'll update with what happens.

Thanks so much Jake!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, yes let us know how it goes.:)

Jake