• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

795.79043.312 Buzzing Sound

Tim Holmes

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi everyone, I need your help! My refrigerator buzzes occasionally and it is driving me crazy! The sound seems to be coming from the left side as you were looking at the front of the refrigerator. It is behind near the freezer drawer that pulls out on the bottom. I did take off the panel on the back bottom of the refrigerator and looked in there. While the side was buzzing, I did not hear any sound coming from the back where I took the panel off. The fan seems to be blowing just fine and quietly. And really it was quiet in the bottom back. Any ideas what might be causing the loud buzzing? I am not sure how to get at that section of the refrigerator to look at what is buzzing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Holmes

Premium Member
After some investigation today, I am starting to think that it is just the drawer inside of the freezer on the bottom rattling. I moved the drawer around a little bit and started rattling the same way on the other side. Any suggestions on how to stop the plastic inside the freezer from rattling? Foam insulation strips?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
That one works.

Is the water line hooked up? If no, make sure the ice maker is shut off as this will call for water and make a buzzzzzing noise once in a while.
Sorry, we have not had to add any foam to the inside to prevent any rattling....is the refrigerator leveled? W eusually make the front slightly higher than the back.

jeff.