FIXED 796.40272900 Kenmore/LG front load washer-no power

Appliance Guy

Premium Member
Model
Brand
Sears Kenmore
This machine has no power at control panel. I have power through noise filter going into main control board. No voltage out of main control to control panel [user interface]. The led indicator light on main control board is not lit. These symptoms according to the tech. sheet indicates a bad main control board.

After replacing main control part# EBR62545101 there was difference, same problem. How about it Jake or any others who might have some thoughts.

Appliance Guy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Appliance Guy

Premium Member
UPDATE to no power issue.

After talking to three different L.G. techs I got three different answers to this problem. The first tech insisted the the new main control that I ordered was bad and to replace it again. The second tech insisted that the problem was in the control panel and to replace it. The third tech suggested that there was probably a faulty component causing excessive power draw at main control. I took the second techs advice and replaced the control panel next. Same result, no power. I then started checking components one at a time. When I came to the heater, it showed no continuity and a short to ground. With the heater wires disconnected and machine plugged back in, power was restored to the control panel as well as the led indicator light at the main control. I ordered and replaced the heater and all is well.
I'm sharing this information for anyone who may run into this same issue on L.G. built washers. The tech sheet, although a valuable tool, does not always steer you in the right direction. Going strictly by the tech sheet, I replaced the main control needlessly. It specifically states that if there is 110v coming into main control, but the led light is not on-replace main control. I've learned a valuable and costly lesson in this repair. Hope this info. helps someone else.

Appliance Guy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Appliance Guy for posting an update to help others that may run into this same issue.:)

Good find!

Here's the heating element for this model in case others need it:
Heating Element AEG33121501

Jake

jumpshowhigh

Premium Member
Is it possible to disconnect the heating element at the control board to test if the heating element is shorted, without having to take apart the front of the machine to access the actual heating element ?

Appliance Guy

Premium Member
Thanks for the info. jumpshowhigh. In case there's no wiring schematic, would you be able to share which connector to check?
Appliance Guy.