7MWTW1502BM0 Whirlpool Washer Replaced Shift Actuator 4 times. Lasts 3-4 months then fails.

Knowink

Premium Member
Model Number
7MWTW1502BM0
Brand
Whirlpool
Pulled codes. Tested continuity and resistance. Replaced Shift Actuator 4 times. Calibrated. Lasts 3-4 months then fails. What is the cause of this excessive failure? How should I proceed?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Where are you buying these shift actuators from? That is unheard of.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So its a local appliance parts store in your area? They don't have a warranty on the shift actuator?

Does the basket turn freely?

I've replaced many shift actuators for my customers here in my local area and never had to replace one twice.

All parts you order through our links come with a 365 day warranty.

Here's the shift actuator for your model:
WPW10006355 Shift Actuator

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope, you need to have a tech. come out to see what's causing it to keep failing, since you won't answer my questions.

Jake

Knowink

Premium Member
This machine was purchased and installed at my home in Costa Rica. It is not practical to have a technician come to diagnose the problem. I have gone though all of the steps in the tech manual. The basket turns freely. I returned one of the Shift Actuators under warranty. Is there an optical sensor indicator on the bottom of the basket that might de damaged? Cold it be a control board issue?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I Have no clue why it keeps going out, I've never seen one do that before. Hopefully another tech. that has can shed some light on this problem.

Is there an optical sensor indicator on the bottom of the basket that might de damaged?
No, because it wouldn't work at all after you replaced it, and your saying it works fine for 3 months then goes out again.

Cold it be a control board issue?
It could be, but there would be no way to determine if that's the cause, again because it works fine for 3 months then goes bad again.

Jake

mountainbiker33

Premium Member
Do you have a bunch of black gunk on the bottom of the trans and other parts? Oil from a blown out bearing could be causing the actuator to fail. Those machines are not the strongest designs. They can't take the beating other machines had from back in the day.