Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenmore Series 90 Electric Dryer No Heat ?!?

Exclamation Kenmore Series 90 Electric Dryer No Heat ?!?

I have a problem with my dryer. Everything works fine, as far as I can tell, (no noise, no burnt boards that I could find and I cleaned out all of the lint when I took the thing apart). The trouble is that no heat blows. I will say though that the heating element did heat up for a second when I first took the front off so it appeared that everything was ok and I could re-assemble it. I was so proud of my work that I got the wife to come see what a great thing I had done, hoping she would bestow great things onto me . Well that was not what transpired and now I am worse off than when I began this escapade. Can anyone shed some light on what is going on with this dryer? I was unable to locate the two purported fuses and did not try to take the back of the dryer apart, I removed the bottom front panel only and everything looks to be in good order and clean. Thanks in advance for any input you might be able to provide There still may be hope for me if the laundry pile dwindles with much more ado. Oh, here she comes!! gtg lakse;lkje

Hi,

Kenmore is made by several different companies....model#?

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
    http://www.applianceaid.com/searscodes.html

I was unable to locate the two purported fuses
    2 fuses or two breakers are in the house fuse box.

http://www.applianceaid.com/faq-dryer.html#elecheat

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid
    Yeah I've got O.C.D.....Old, Cranky and Dangerous.
    Tip of the day, set your Samsung Smart Fridge to a foreign language so Google can't spy on you!!

Default Model/Stock#s

I appreciate your help! I show the model # as 66902690 then I figure the stock number to follow which is 66902.

I show the model # as 66902690
    I got 110.66902690 to work for me. A Whirlpool built Kenmore, 4 roller style.

Check for 24OVAC. (electric dryer) Note: the dryer will run but not heat if one leg is dead,110 +110=220
    The element runs on 220. the motor on 110. Check Element continuity, (8-12 ohms).
    Check thermostat for continuity
    Check thermal cutout for continuity, (0 ohms or "closed").-Check the heating element for a short to ground - check the air intake screen inside of the dryer drum for a dryer sheet stuck to the air intake screen. - You can bypass the thermal cut-out (just connect the 2 wires together) for testing purposes only.
    Check thermal fuse for continuity, (0 ohms or "closed").- if blown replace the thermal fuse and the cycling thermostat -Check the heating element for a short to ground - check the air intake screen inside of the dryer drum for a dryer sheet stuck to the air intake screen. - You can bypass the thermal fuse (just connect the 2 wires together) for testing purposes only.
    Check High Limit thermostat for continuity.
    Manually close centrifugal switch contacts, check for continuity, (1 M-2M ohms).

To check the thermal fuse - You can bypass the thermal fuse (just connect the 2 wires together) for testing purposes only.
    To check the thermal cut-out - You can bypass the thermal cut-out (just connect the 2 wires together) for testing purposes only.
    To check the thermostats for continuity - - You can bypass the thermostat (just connect the 2 wires together) for testing purposes only.
    To check the Element: Try removing element and physically looking at the element wire for a break in the wire.
    All other checks above will require a meter.

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid
    Yeah I've got O.C.D.....Old, Cranky and Dangerous.
    Tip of the day, set your Samsung Smart Fridge to a foreign language so Google can't spy on you!!

I am having the same problem with the same model. I have replaced the cycling thermostat, heating coil, hi limit thermostat, thermal cut-off and still have no heat.I have made sure all lint is out of the dryer and checked continuity on above parts plus thermal fuse. Everything checks out. Even checked and made sure I had 220 volts. Please help!

Are you getting 220 volts at the heater element itself?

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Last night the dryer was working great after I flipped the breaker. moved it back in place and now it's not working. Checked the panel and I'm getting 247, checked the element and I'm getting continuity ( with dryer on). replaced dryer cord as a process of elimination. No help.

Then its in your electrical outlet or breaker box.

Or even the terminal block.

Unplug the dryer and check the terminal block where the dryer cord goes into the dryer, I've seen wires burn/arc there causing this issue to happen.

Here's the dryer terminal block kit you can order if thats the case:
    Terminal block kit for electric dryers

You would also need a new dyer cord, just take the old one to any hardware store and they can match it up with a new one.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Kenmore 90 series dryer, same problem. no heat.
    I replace the heating element, and bypassed all thermal fuses, thermostat, and thermal-cut-off. No 220 voltage at the first thermal fuse. I can read 220 volts at the back panel. Any ideas?
    Thank you

Your not suppose to read 220 at the thermal fuse, only at the heating element.

I need a model please.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast