Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whirlpool Duet WED9200SQ0 code F70

Default duet combo

hi ya Jake, looking into the duet washer/dryer combo to replace my whirlpool set, hubby says u better make sure this is what u want cause if it ain't the next time i wash clothes will be at the nearest Laundromat so is this the best washer/dryer combo on the market for my money and reliability wise ? gotta be able to wash and dry king size quilts and comforters when needed. hubby says i don't want to hear no bitchin bout it wont work or the peice of crap anything know what i mean. ok guess thats the deal. well thanks for ur help, brenda

Yes, The Whirlpool Duets and the Kenmore HE3 models have been reliable.

I tell my customers if you buy an electronic washer/dryer to always get the extended warranty for at least 3-5 yrs.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Default Duet F70 Error

We purchased a Duet set recently. Our first load in the dryer resulted in an F70 error. I called the store and they replaced the whole set. First load in the new dryer, F70 error. In the end, it turned out we needed to have our dryer duct cleaned professionally. The sensors in the dryer are very sensitive and picked up that there wasn't enough airflow through the vent. After we had the duct cleaned, everything is working perfectly.

I have had the same problems since I bought this dryer. Seriously not impressed.

Right after I bought mine, about 3 years ago now started doing the F70 thing on me.
    I worked around it for nearly 2 years....Checked the Vent( Had the Chimney sweep do this), was totally clear, turned the dryer off a number of times, at the breaker for 30 minutes or more, that didn't help. It would flash F70 on me, even if I hadn't used the thing in a couple of weeks.
    Paid to have an Appliance Tech change out the two companion circuit boards. Everything seemed find after that.... until......

The last few months, it has been showing the F70 again... doing everything I did above.... and again, even if I haven't used the dryer for a couple of weeks....it keeps coming on and flashing the F70.

Since I have had the two main boards replaced, what else do I need to do to finally get this thing to work right?

Quote Originally Posted by ShariN View Post
    I have had the same problems since I bought this dryer. Seriously not impressed.

Right after I bought mine, about 3 years ago now started doing the F70 thing on me.
    I worked around it for nearly 2 years....Checked the Vent( Had the Chimney sweep do this), was totally clear, turned the dryer off a number of times, at the breaker for 30 minutes or more, that didn't help. It would flash F70 on me, even if I hadn't used the thing in a couple of weeks.
    Paid to have an Appliance Tech change out the two companion circuit boards. Everything seemed find after that.... until......

The last few months, it has been showing the F70 again... doing everything I did above.... and again, even if I haven't used the dryer for a couple of weeks....it keeps coming on and flashing the F70.

Since I have had the two main boards replaced, what else do I need to do to finally get this thing to work right?
    We would need the model number of your dryer.

Click here: Appliance Parts at RepairClinic. 125 Brands. 365 Day Returns.

Then you will see a link that says: Help me find my model number.

I'm attaching the tech. data sheet for the Whirlpool Duet Dryer, read on page 3 where it lists the F70/F71 error codes and follow what it says to check.

Jake
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12