I purchased this switch:
As per the schematic.

Wired the switch as follows.
Yellow: h1 interior
Red: h2 exterior
Duel pale red and red: Both L2b terminals
Duel gray and black: L1
Duel brown: p

Burner does not work. Stove indicator light does not come on.
Burner is good.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately I don't have the tech sheet. Post a copy of the wiring diagram.

Mcnabb75

Premium Member
The tech sheet isn't there. Attached is the diagram for the replacement switch. The only thing I can think is that the L2 wires that I have attached to the the L2b terminals should be split between L2 and L2b. From the old switch, the main L2 and another bright red wire were on the same side. But it looks like one of those needs to be connected in conjunction with P...

Attachments

rickgburton

Staff member
It looks pretty straight forward but without the wiring diagram I won't be able to tell you what wire goes where. I'll look and see if I can locate one.

Mcnabb75

Premium Member
I'm the meantime I wired it up so I get 220 from L1 and H1, and 220 from L1 and H2. Checked power at the burner and I have 220 for the exterior and interior coils but now it doesn't heat...😬
This one is driving me nuts.

rickgburton

Staff member
You have it wired wrong that way. Didn't you follow the instructions for the wire placement on the new switch? Grandpa says when all else fails read the instructions...LOL. Don't go by my wire colors :
SWITCH.jpg

Last edited:

Mcnabb75

Premium Member
I typed wrong. Thats how I have it wired up. The only difference is the P has a brown wire going to it for the indicator light with an L2 terminal in conjunction.
L2, on the old switch, was a pale red with a jumper, one leg of the incoming power. And a bright red that goes to the burner, not H1 or H2.
On the new switch, does it matter which of these wires goes to L2 or L2b?
Hopefully you follow. Sort of three thoughts at once.

rickgburton

Staff member
The wire on P goes to the indicator light There's no other wire on that connector. Giving me wire colors is meaningless without a wiring diagram. If you wire it exactly like I drew it, it will work just fine.

Mcnabb75

Premium Member
I had forgotten about getting back.
It finally worked.
The only addition I would like to add, in case anyone comes across this model stove top, is the the "P" location is where the indicator lights plug in. On this model it is two brown wires. And than next to "P" is the terminal L2. This is where one of the original L2 wires go. The L2's for this model have one single red and one bright red with a jumper. These are split between L2 and L2B.

Thank you for the help. 👍