• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

911.41089991 Kenmore Oven Will Not Heat Consistently

Liriodendron

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
My Kenmore Oven Model 911.41089991 will not heat consistently.

The Broiler works fine. When I set the Bake temperature, it sometimes gets to temperature just as it should, the bake element comes on and glows red, gets to temperature and stays there. I've had it work through several cycles of baking just fine.

Other times, more often than not, it doesn't get to temperature.

Sometimes the bake element doesn't heat at all, and other times it heats, but will only do so for a small amount of time, not enough time to reach the set temperature. An example would be setting the oven to 350 degrees, but it only gets to 272 degrees.

The Element checks out, passes continuity test, and like I said, sometimes it glows red hot. The Connections are good, and I don't see any visible wire issues.

I originally thought the Oven Temperature Sensor was bad, so I replaced it, but that didn't solve my issue.

Any ideas on where I should go next? I want to rule everything out before I come to the conclusion that the control board is bad.

Thanks for any help!!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
You need the oven control and latch assembly. Unfortunately, the update kit has been discontinued and is no longer available.