Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 110.82832100 Kenmore Elite HE3 won't start

Default 110.82832100 Kenmore Elite HE3 won't start

Model Number: 110.82832100
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

I did find one other poster that had the same problem, but he has a slightly different model, and had no luck as well, soooo here I go.

I have a Kenmore Elite HE3 dryer, model# 110.82832100. All the lights are work (the unit is getting power) and it appears to be working, the door is closed etc. When I try to start it, everything is fine, no trouble selecting a program or anything. I hit and hold "start", it beeps like it's supposed to, I hear a "click", but it doesn't start. No error codes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul.

Default HE3 dryer won't start fix

I repaired this problem. Turns out this is a relatively common problem. If you have the following:

1) Control panel is working
    2) When you push the "start" button, it beeps (once) like it should, and you hear a "click" sound but nothing happens.
    3) No error codes are appearing.

Then the thermal fuse is probably blown. Easy peasy, ten minute job tops. The fuses cost between $8.00 and $20.00 depending on where you get them. The part number can be found in you're parts list. For me it was #59 in the bulkhead parts diagram, part number WP3390719. To get to the fuse:

1) Unplug the dryer
    2) Remove the lint filter
    3) Remove the bottom panel, two screws or bolts on either side in the upper corners. My units are stacked so I had to tilt the dryer back a little so the panel would come out
    4) Remove the lint duct assembly, a big dark thing right in front of your face. Two screws or bolts hold this in place along with a rubberized clip in the bottom. I loosened the clip a little, there's a bolt underneath.
    5) Right on tip of the lint duct, to the right of the squirrel cage lint fant, there is a white plastic thing with two wires attached, this is the thermal fuse. there's another plastic thing further to the right, this is black, it's the thermistor, not the fuse.
    6) You can test fuse by removing the wires and putting a jumper across them. When you jump it, the dryer would work. Remember to plug and unplug the dryer. You also may be able to test the fuse itself with a continuity test, but didn't try that.
    7) Make sure the dryer is unplugged, replace the fuse, and put it all back together.

Paul.

Default One last thing

I just tested the fuse with a continuity test and it's dead. This is probably a safer way to test the fuse than jumping the wires. If you don't have a continuity tester, just make sure that the wires are clear and not touching anything when you test. Don't want to short anything out.

Paul.

Unhappy Kenmore Elite HE3 110.82832100

I have a Kenmore HE3 Elite Dryer 110.82832100 and it's not working as of now. Yesterday it was working fine, but when I shut the door it started on its own. I upplugged it and plugged it back it ...it then displayed "PF" and the control panel was locked.... I could not turn it off or make a different selection unless I unplugged it. Once I plugged it back in, it displayed 22 minutes and again the display was locked the dryer started to run on its own.

I kept it unplugged over night and plugged it back in this morning, but now it is not working at all....no lights, no sounds or beeps. HELP.
    Last edited by eecasti01; October 6th, 2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: added more.

You'll need a new control panel assembly.

Here's the charcoal(graphite) one for your model:
    Whirlpool 8529881 Panel-Control

Here's the white one for your model:
    Whirlpool 8529879 Panel-Control

Here is the online repair manual for the HE3/Duet dryer: http://www.applianceblog.com/manuals/Duetdry.pdf
    Give it time to download.

It shows how to get access to the control board & console panel assembly on page 4-2 through 4-4.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Default Kenmore Elite HE3

Thanks Jake. Is this something that normally goes bad after more than 5-10 yrs? I will order it today. This will be my first attempt to fix an appliance.

Yes, its just a part that can wear out like other parts. I wouldn't say its the most common part to go out though.

Keep us posted.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Quote Originally Posted by pudmore View Post
    I did find one other poster that had the same problem, but he has a slightly different model, and had no luck as well, soooo here I go.

I have a Kenmore Elite HE3 dryer, model# 110.82832100. All the lights are work (the unit is getting power) and it appears to be working, the door is closed etc. When I try to start it, everything is fine, no trouble selecting a program or anything. I hit and hold "start", it beeps like it's supposed to, I hear a "click", but it doesn't start. No error codes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul.

Same exact problems and symptoms here on another "HE3" model, 110.82826102

The new thermal fuse I bought from the Repair Clinic didn't fix it. Guess I'll check for continuity next time first.

Yes, you can't just assume the thermal fuse is blown you always have to test it with a ohm meter first.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

And yet here I am with the same issue as described by the OP nonetheless.

One detail I'll add is that SOMETIMES when I attempt to start it the motor gives a slight jerk, like a twitch only. Once, I held the Start button in and the motor twitched a few times in a row before stopping.

I downloaded a service manual for the Duet series from another H3 thread. No error codes in or out of diagnostic mode. Door switch seems to work OK in or out of diagnostic mode.

The service manual appears to say to test the motor next, which presumably also tests the centrifugal switch? and then the belt switch. And after that, the wiring going to the computer.

Seems like a whole mess of stuff to remove and take apart to move forward on this. Can't seem to adequately reach any more relevant wires or terminals with only the bottom panel off.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast