970C42363 Kenmore Elite electric range beeping

MLamb

Premium Member
Model Number
970C42363
Brand
Sears Kenmore
My range is constantly beeping as it turns the oven light on and off, and it starts to turn on convection bake and then turns itself off again. When I try to turn the oven on, it shuts itself off after a few seconds. Unsurprisingly, my warranty expired four months ago.

Right now it feels like a very expensive paperweight that may cost more to repair than it's worth. :(

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

It sounds like a control board or control panel short, we don't have any tech data information to assist you on determining which it is.

Most Canadian Kenmore Models we can't look up any parts online either.

So its best to have Sears come out to see what's going on.

Jake

MLamb

Premium Member
Thanks Jake! At least I know where to start looking now :) Sadly, Sears Canada has closed.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you live in Hamilton, Ontario our tech Jeff here has a appliance shop there.

Jake

MLamb

Premium Member
I'm in New Brunswick, but there's an Electrolux (apparently the manufacturer) repair guy here. It's just frustrating since the thing is only 16 months old and has hardly been used. Is this the sort of thing I should expect to keep happening?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Is this the sort of thing I should expect to keep happening?
No, once the bad part is replaced that's causing this it shouldn't happen again.

Jake

Krystle

Premium Member
The same thing happened to us. It was because roaches (who came from the used Xbox my husband bought) made it into the control panel and were living there. Gross. I had to take the circuit board out, clean it, and am putting it back in.