• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Access to replace thru-door water tube

DMc

Premium Member
Model Number
KSRB22QGSS00
Brand
KitchenAid
Kitchenaid Superba KSRB22QGSS00

Bought a replacement tube kit for thru-door water dispenser.
Can not figure out how to access door interior.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the dispenser parts diagram for your model: Parts for KitchenAid KSRB22QGSS00: Dispenser Front Parts

#10 is your tubing assembly that comes with the metal mounting bracket.

You just unsnap the dispenser frame off, underneath the bottom frame you will see 2 slots, just take a flathead screwdriver and pop that plastic frame off, then you can get good access to it.

Then undo the union connector behind your kickplate grille, then pull up the tubing from the front dispenser, after you remove the #22 screw that holds it in at the top.

Then when installing this new one, push the new tubing down through the channel hole that the old one was in, then just get something small to fish up in the bottom of your door channel, like a stubby screwdriver or pocket screwdriver and push the tubing down, or have someone help you push it down while you fish it through the bottom.

Don't worry, I changed lots of these and never even came close to breaking the line half way through the door when pull it out from the front dispenser.

Here's the tubing that comes out of your freezer door, in case others with your same model need to order it as well:
Whirlpool 4388152 Water Tube Assembly - AppliancePartsPros.com

Jake

DMc

Premium Member
Reciprocal tip

Jake
I ordered and replaced it!
Thanks for your help.
I thought the door had to be disassembled to replace the tubing.
Here is my reciprocal tip:
If you run a single house wire (like 14ga.) up the old tubing before removal, you can use the wire to guide the new tube thru the door and the bottom hole.

DMc

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope DMc, don't have to disassemble the door to change it.:)

Glad you got it.:)

Jake