ADB1200AWS Motor Over Current on Field Service Test

Tim Grosse

Premium Member
Model Number
ADB1200AWS
Brand
Amana
Need some advice. Dishwasher fills with water, and stops. I have replaced the main control board, and the pump motor. When I run a field service test, it indicates Motor-high current-Normal Wash LED flashing. Is it possible i received a bad motor? When I run the FS test with the motor unplugged, I get Motor- low current - Quick Wash LED flashing. Is there anything else that would cause a motor high current fault? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Tim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Tim,

Its likely a bad motor, where did you get it from?

MOTOR HIGH CURRENT.

Take an amp reading on the motor. If its pulling too many amps then your motor is shot. The model number tag will tell you what your max amp rating is.

Here's the motor assembly for your model:
6-919922 Wash Motor

Jake

Tim Grosse

Premium Member
Hi Jake, Thank you for your reply, I bought the motor from Sears Parts Direct. The motor runs with power from an outlet, but won't even try to start through the main control board. I'll have to take a amp reading tomorrow, as my amp meter is at work.

Thank you,

Tim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Tim, then yes if you bench tested the motor then order the control board.

Here's the control board for your model:
12002709 Control Board Kit

We have a special program here, all parts you order from our links we post are returnable within 365 days for a FULL refund if they don't fix the problem.:)

Jake

Tim Grosse

Premium Member
Hi Jake, I already replace the main control board. The (new) motor is good, FLA is 3.2, motor runs at 2.6 amps. When i run the field service test, the (new) control board sends 117 volts to the (new)capacitor, and onto the motor, but the motor will not even attempt to start. No sound, no amps being drawn. This one has me stumped. I guess I could have received a bad control board, that's giving a false over current error.

Tim Grosse

Premium Member
I just noticed on the control boards, that the same IC's are damaged on both boards.
IMG_20190313_055153.jpg
IMG_20190313_055222.jpg
Any idea as to what might be causing this? I'm assuming that this is the issue with the motor over current fault.

Thank you,
Tim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That is strange, I don't know what's causing it.

Jake

Tim Grosse

Premium Member
Very strange. I took one of the good IC's off of the old board, and soldered it to the new board. As soon as I turned the breaker back on, it blew.
IMG_20190313_165034.jpg
As much as I hate to throw in the perverbial towel, especially after buying a new motor and circuit board, I think I'm done with this dish washer . Time to cut my losses and move on. I'm out of dishes.

Thank you for your help Jake.

Tim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You can return the control board and motor for a full refund, less shipping Tim.

Then go buy a new Maytag dishwasher.:)

I bought my Maytag dishwasher when I moved from Oregon to Arizona in March of 2014 and not a single problem with it at all, dishes and silverware are sparkling clean every time, and I'm on well water too boot.:)

Here's the Maytag I own: Maytag MDB4949SHZ 24 Inch Built In Full Console Dishwasher

Jake

Tim Grosse

Premium Member
Hi Jake, Thank you for the recommendation, I went and bought that exact model today, and installed it. Boy that thing is quiet.

Tim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Tim, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake