Admiral AS22M8D Pictorial Wiring Diagram

Lone_Wolf

Premium Member
Model Number
AS22M8D-DN34A
Brand
Admiral
Hi,

I made a very stupid mistake today in the quest to repair my refrigerator that I hope someone can help me with. I had removed the defrost thermostat and placed it in another freezer so I could test it, when I saw that the bottom defrost heater looked very bad so I went ahead and pulled it to test. It turns out that the heater is bad, thermostat and timer tested good.

The bad part is that I was in a hurry and forgot to write down which plug went where for the heater and thermostat, and that part of the diagram on the rear of my fridge has been ripped off. I've searched the internet and have had no luck finding another pictorial diagram. The only thing I can find is a ladder diagram, attached below, and it hasn't helped me much...maybe someone here can better interpret it. I've also included a picture of the 4 terminals that the heater and thermostat plug into. If anyone has a pictorial diagram or can just tell me how the thermostat plugs in, I can figure out the heater.

Thanks

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, Blue from the defrost themostat connects to #2, White from the defrost thermostat goes to #4, Then the 2 Whites from the defrost heater go to #1 and #3, doesn't matter which defrost heater white wire goes to #1 and #3.

Here's the defrost heater for your model:
Manufacturer part number 61001846 is RepairClinic item number 663823

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome.

Jake