Admiral ATW4675YQ1 Top Loader intermittently skips the agitation part of the rinse cycle

Model Number
ATW4675YQ1
Brand
Admiral
Hello,
We have the above named washer and it intermittently skips the agitation part of the rinse cycle. During the wash cycle it fills, agitates, drains and spins properly then, on occasion during the rinse cycle it will fill and then go directly into the final spin mode without agitating.
Has anyone else experienced this? We have noticed it after an electric "burp" in the house where all the clocks have to be reset etc. but not sure if that happens each time as it is intermittent. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I already answered this question for you last December, you will need to replace the control board.

Jake

Hi,

I already answered this question for you last December, you will need to replace the control board.

Jake
Hello,
Oh, I apologize. I guess it has been working so we didn't need any help until now. Thanks for the reply but I don't think we will be doing that. Could you suggest something less intrusive? Have you experienced this before? We unplugged it after the electric "burp" and it now works properly, for how long is unknown until the next skipped agitation cycle.
Thanks for all your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I really don't know what you mean by electric "burp"? Are you talking Power Outage? Brown Out?

Do you have the machine plugged into a GFI wall outlet or regular wall outlet?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I live out in the country too, 100 miles west of Phoenix, Arizona and get those same electric "burps", what I have done at my house is had a electrician friend of mine install a Whole Home Surge Protector, that has saved my appliances when my neighbors got fried.

Here's what I got installed on my house: Stabl-Power Series 1

It mounts next to your outside power meter and diverts those "burps" into the earth ground before they come into your house.

Jake