Admiral ATW4676BQ1 fills then drains

KatMarie0204

Premium Member
Model
ATW4676BQ1
Brand
Admiral
Washer fills then drains. It will not go into wash mode. We did the diagnostics test and the only light that lights up or blinks is the Fill Option. From the manual, I am guessing that means there is no error detected? So, does that mean there is something wrong with the control panel?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I ran into this same problem last year, it was a problem with the customers water pressure, it was filling with water super slow and it would time out and drain, and not wash.

They had low water pressure to their entire house, they called the plumber out and the plumber fixed the water pressure problem, then the washer filled fast and started washing.

How fast is the water coming into the machine?

Jake

KatMarie0204

Premium Member
The water comes through rather quickly. We have well water and we have never had an issue with water pressure in the house before. I guess it could be a possibility.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, turn the HOT and COLD water off at your house faucets, then remove the fill hoses and check the filter screens in the water inlet valve where the fill hoses connect to, and see if they are clogged, if so clean them out.

Then put the fill hoses back on the water inlet valve and turn on the HOT and COLD and try a test load without clothes in it and let us know how it goes.

Jake

KatMarie0204

Premium Member
So I tried that. Nothing seemed to be clogged or anything but I have a sink next to the washer so i put the hose facing in the sink and turned the water on to check the pressure and we have excellent water pressure. Hooked the hoses back up and did a test and it still would fill up, and then just drain the water.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, here's your tech. data sheet: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xuYO9fupRwHGgiQSOp1ToyXkuermivDL

Get into the diagnostic and post the fault code or fault codes you get.

Page 2 of your tech. data sheet do: ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES

Then do FAULT CODE DISPLAY MODE on Page 3

Then you can see what fault code/codes you are getting on Page 6 and Page 7: FAULT/ERROR CODES

Jake