Admiral Washer

BenCO

Premium Member
Hi folks, I did some searching on the forums before posting, so I apologize if this is covered elsewhere. I do try to be self sufficient. :)

We have an Admiral washer, LNC6753A71 and we *think* the symptoms exhibited are those of a worn / dying belt. We can smell it, and have been smelling it for the past few weeks.

It does seem to have problems draining when it's been running for a while, and it does make some odd noises (accompanied by the smell). We've been told that the drain mechanism runs off the belt as well as the tub, so that seems to make sense... (does it? lol)

We're fairly certain, and so is the local parts store, that the belt is dying. It's only a $20 part but the method of replacing it escapes me at the moment. Does anyone have any experience replacing the belt on this model, and if so, do you happen to know of a good place to get some pictures of the process? Or some really good detailed instructions? Or if you think it's difficult, I can take it in, but money is tight, so if it's at all possible for me to do it... :)

I'm a computer geek, not an appliance handyman. ;)

Thanks!

Bambiblaster

Appliance Tech
Tip machine back and put on the same way took off pretty simple.. while having the belt off turn pump pulley to ensure it is free.. pumps do go bad and cause noises...

BenCO

Premium Member
I haven't yet pulled the washer out to look at it, but does it have open access to the assembly so that I can just do this, or do I need to pull a panel off first? Never even seen what's back there before.