Advice purchasing new refrigerator

Fixitagaintony

Premium Member
Hello I’m purchasing a newFrench door refrigerator and was wondering if anyone had some advice on which brand to go with - I’ve had a kenmore elite for 14 years and I know a lot has changed since then - any advice would be helpful- thank you

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
If your fridge model starts with 596... it was made by Amana. They are now owned by Whirlpool. You might want to stick with that manufacturer and their various brands (see the following link).

LINK > Appliance411: Who Makes What Brand?

Whirlpool products of all types are what I usually recommend. I do not know any actual failure rates per product line, just how well problems can be handled when required.

In my opinion you should stay away Samsung, LG and GE products due to difficulties in getting service information and/or repair parts or their costs.

JMO

Dan O.

Last edited:

Fixitagaintony

Premium Member
If your fridge model starts with 596... it was made by Amana. They are now owned by Whirlpool. You might want to stick with that manufacturer and their various brands (see the following link).

LINK > Appliance411: Who Makes What Brand?

Whirlpool products of all types are what I usually recommend. I do not know any actual failure rates per product line, just how well problems can be handled when required.

In my opinion you should stay away Samsung, LG and GE products do to difficulties in getting service information and/or repair parts or their costs.

JMO

Dan O.
Thanks