• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED AEE24DTH1 GE Air Room Air Conditioner won't keep compressor running and cool light flashes

mpkozar

Premium Member
Model Number
AEE24DTH1
Brand
GE
This AC unit is driving me crazy. I'm using a CoolBot and this AC unit to cool a cold room. The CoolBot has a heater that "trick"s the AC units temperature probe into thinking the room is colder than it is. After resetting the AC the compressor will turn on but after a few minutes the "Cool" light starts flashing and the compressor kicks off. There is no way the unit is icing - it won't stay on long enough for that to happen! I also tried it in "Energy Saver" mode and it does the same thing except that I can easily tell the compressor is off because the fan turns off too.

This unit is only 2 years old and when the compressor runs it blows plenty cold. According to the infrared thermometer it gets down to 26 degrees F.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

mk

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately I don't know what a coolbot is. Will the unit run without it? In other words, if the unit was in a warm room will it operate normally?

mpkozar

Premium Member
Thanks for the quick reply. It does the same thing without the CoolBot. If I use a heat gun on the lowest setting to heat up the thermometer sensor it will run initially and then kick off the compressor and "Cool" led will flash. I also took a brush and ran it over the fins on both inside and outside of the unit and still didn't help.

mk

mpkozar

Premium Member
I figured it out. It turns out that this model has a secondary sensor or tube temp sensor that was interfering with the CoolBot. Since the unit was installed in 2016, I just assumed it was installed correctly.

Thanks for the quick replies. This forum is so helpful.

Best,

mk

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I wasn't much help but I'm glad you got it figured. Thanks for posting the update!