• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

AEQ6500CFG0 Frigidaire Dryer - Bad bearing sleeve?

BLL78

Model Number
AEQ6500CFG0
Brand
Frigidaire
I am trying to repair my Frigidaire Affinjty dryer (AEQ6500CFG0) after it was squeaking for too long. It sparked one day when my wife tried to use it so I decided to try and repair it myself.

I diagnosed it as the rear bearing sleeve and confirmed by the amount of wear on the part. When I opened it up I discovered the heating coil also busted in two. So I got new coil and bearing kit. The first bearing kit I got, the bearing hitch slid right into the sleeve with no resistance at all, so it just hung there.

I got a replacement sent out and now the hitch fits more snugly, but the front of the drum is sitting on the blower and is not suspended in the air, so it doesn't have the room to spin.

My question is do I have another defective sleeve or is there a step I'm missing here. Should the hitch sleeve support all the weight and keep the drum in the exact spot it should be in? I'm totally new to this so would appreciate any help.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
but the front of the drum is sitting on the blower and is not suspended in the air,
You need to install the front panel. The drum opening rides on the upper and lower felt seals around the door opening.