• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

AEQ6700FE0 Frigidaire Affinity not heating

ShaneR2020

Model Number
AEQ6700FE0
Brand
Frigidaire
I’m sorry if this has already been answered in a previous thread, but I could use help. I’ve googled my eyeballs out of my head trying to fix this dryer, to no avail. Frigidaire Affinity model #AEQ6700FE0 made on 09/07. Won’t heat at all. I’ve replaced the heating element along with thermostat, thermal fuse, thermistor, and checked all wiring. I’ve been getting the stuck button code (e68) the whole time, but even in diagnostic mode the element will not heat up. I replaced the thermistor today and got the (e4a) code afterwards. The drum still turns, just no heat. Help please. I’m tired of hanging clothes.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you first check your dual breaker in your home breaker box to make sure one is not tripped? I've seen that happen a lot on my service calls, if one is tripped and one is not, it will run but never heat.

If your dual breaker is not tripped, then pull your dryer out from the wall, then unplug it, then check your terminal block where your power cord connects to.

I see this happen a lot too:

FriedWires.jpg

If you see no broken wires at the terminal block, then The first thing I always do is use my multimeter to do a volt test at the dryer terminal block, where the power cord connects to it.

First make sure your getting 230-240 volts at the terminal block in the back of your dryer. The outer wires are hot, middle wire is neutral. So put your volt meter probes on each of the two outer wires at the terminal block and see what your meter reads, you should get 230-240 volts between the two outer wires on the terminal block.

Let us know what you find.

Jake