• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

AEQ7000ES1 Frigidaire Dryer Cycles Intermittent

realtorrobin

Premium Member
Model Number
AEQ7000ES1
Brand
Frigidaire
I just replaced the control board and now when I try to choose a cycle, sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. I can't click the control knob slowly to choose, I have to spin it quickly and hope the cycle I want lights up. They all worked prior to replacing the control panel. This dryer sat in storage approx. 1 year so do you think it may be the after market control board or perhaps wiring corrosion from sitting in storage?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What was the problem before you replaced the control board?

Meaning why did you replace the control board in the first place?

We never use aftermarket parts here, only OEM parts.

Here's the OEM control board for your model:

Jake

realtorrobin

Premium Member
It was an E68 error code. I took the control panel apart and cleaned it, did the troubleshooting reset/cancel as recommended. Disconnected from power in hopes of "resetting" the brain, but still E68 so I ordered the control board. Dryer runs fine on the cycles I can get, but it would be nice to get all choices on a consistent basis.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
E68--->Key (button) Struck Fault--->One of the keys (buttons) is stuck closed (active).

To Resolve:
Enter function test mode and perform key (button) test to determine which button is at fault. Carefully free the stuck key (button) and perform the test again. If button is free but the key struck code still exists, replace electronic control.

1 year so do you think it may be the after market control board or perhaps wiring corrosion from sitting in storage?
So if your wiring is fine, that it has to be that aftermarket control board that is the culprit.

Jake