AER5330BAS0 error code F9E0 won't go away

RodC

Premium Member
Model
AER5330BAS0
Brand
Amana
Customer states that the bake element sparked and went bad, they replaced. Then the F9E0 code shows up on control panel and won't go away.
I verified the new element is okay, good connection and continuity. Checked broil element also good. Had a bad oven temp sensor so I replaced it.( Thought I had found the issue). Wrong, still have the darn code. Verified 240 at outlet and terminal block. Noticed that the bulb is blown but figured a bad bulb would not cause this code. I looked at the control panel and no obvious burns, all wires look good. Customer states that her stove top worked fine before the bake element broke.
Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Rod,

I need to see the tech. data sheet for this model to see what error code F9E0 says it is, I will ask our tech. bigbuck if he has it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck!

F9E0:
Miswired house
Miswired range

1. Press CANCEL>CANCEL>START to enter the Diagnostics Mode and verify the failure. If failure displayed does match, go to Step 2.
2. Unplug range or disconnect power.
3. Verify that the house power supply provides 240 VAC between L1 and L2, and 120 VAC between L1 and N and L2 and N. If house power supply is not correct, call a qualified electrician. If voltage measurements are correct, go to Step 4.
4. Verify that the electric supply is wired correctly at the range terminal block.
5. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
6. Plug in range or reconnect power.
7. Verify normal operation.
8. Press CANCEL>CANCEL>START to enter the Diagnostics Mode and clear the error code(s).

You may just need to clear the error code, Page 2 when you enter diagnostics, do Step 2 6a F# F#E# Displayed if an error code is present. Press START to clear error code.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

RodC

Premium Member
Thanks for the response. I tried that. I did the cancel, cancel, start and it will not give me anything other than the F9E0. Won't even go into diagnostic mode.
I am betting that the control board is bad.
I got the impression that the F9E0 code is a for the original installer, to let them know that they have it wired wrong. But, since I checked the wiring AND the customer had been using the thing for years, it leads me to believe that when the bake element went bad that it "spiked" the control board.