AEW10AQQ1 GE AC Unit blower motor replacement

Maverick923

Premium Member
Model Number
AEW10AQQ1
Brand
GE
I have been searching for a replacement blower motor for GE AEW10AQQ1.

I am unable to find the motor everywhere I have looked.

At this point, I am trying to locate a suitable replacement.

Other then amps, and volts, I am not sure what values are most important when searching.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I found it in Venezuela. This is the number: CJ75W (YY095-954PL02-002) .Try to locate a Johnstone Supply or Granger in your area. Take the old motor with you so they can match it up. Important- shaft diameter and length, mounting , motor single phase, 3 phase, 4 phase, hp, voltage.

Maverick923

Premium Member
Doing a google search, I found what you found. I did that way before. I contacted Granger, but it was not a store. They could not help me because the label does not display the horsepower.
How can I find that or any other info if not on the label?

I did a search on Bing and yahoo. I found GE WJ94X10333 which seems to be compatible with AEM10AQQ1. That is a very close match. I wonder if the 3rd letter tells which retailer the unit was purchased from. Am going to get with Johnstone and see what I find anyway.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
That might be a difficult motor to match because it's 120 VAC 4 phase. I'm not 100% positive but I think most 3 phase and 4 phase motors are 208V.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
They could not help me because the label does not display the horsepower.
That should be able to be calculated (roughly anyway)

Which came up with .168 HP at 85% efficiency which is 1/6 HP (.16667).

Maverick923 said:
I found GE WJ94X10333 which seems to be compatible with AEM10AQQ1. That is a very close match. I wonder if the 3rd letter [of the model number] tells which retailer the unit was purchased from.
That's a good thought! I don't have a current GE A/C service manual to see if it shows their model number nomenclature.

I couldn't trace any of the numbers on that motor tag to any manufacturer's part number. :(

Are there no other numbers on it?

Dan O.

Last edited:

Maverick923

Premium Member
That should be able to be calculated (roughly anyway)

Which came up with .168 HP at 85% efficiency which is 1/6 HP (.16667).

That's a good thought! I don't have a current GE A/C service manual to see if it shows their model number nomenclature.

I couldn't trace any of the numbers on that motor tag to any manufacturer's part number. :(

Are there no other numbers on it?

Dan O.

Unfortunately, I was not able to see any other numbers, but BW135. The motor has rust much surface rust all around. Thanks for that other info, it may be just a little easier to find a suitable replacement.