• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Affinity gas dryer runs 10 seconds then lights flash - all cycles and heat settings

deercreek

Premium Member
Model Number
AGQ6000ES4
Brand
Frigidaire
Problem started intermittently and now happens every time: no matter what cycle I choose, including Air Fluff/ No Heat, the dryer runs for about 10 seconds then shuts off with control panel lights flashing. I can hear the gas heat try to fire before it shuts off. I am unable to get any diagnostic codes using the methods described. I have reset the circuit breaker, unplugged the dryer and still get the same result

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Please recheck your model number, AGQ5000ES4 doesn't pull up as good, but AGQ6000ES4 does pull up as good.

You possibly have a control board problem.

I believe this model has a slightly different way to get into the diagnostics.

Try this:
Press and hold SELECT and CANCEL buttons simultaneously for six seconds to reset the control. The buzzer will sound one time and ”rES” will be shown briefly in the display. Immediately after, rotate cycle selector knob 5 turns counterclockwise to the second position from the bottom. Press and hold the OPTIONS and CANCEL buttons simultaneously for two seconds. The control will enter test mode, the buzzer will sound three times and all LED’s will rapidly flash. Rotate the cycle selector knob clockwise from the starting position. 0 turns: All LED’s will flash.
1 TURN: Drive Motor + Heat Source > Drying LED is lit > “H” and Control Thermistor reading will toggle back and forth
2 TURNS: Motor + No Heat > Cool Down LED is lit > “AF” is displayed
3 TURNS: Motor + No Heat > Drying and Cool Down LED’s are lit > Moisture sensor readings are displayed. Open the door and push and hold the door switch. Place a finger on both the moisture sensor bars at the same time and sensor readings will decrease. Models without a display, More Dry LED should be on. Placing a finger on both sensor bars will make the Damp Dry LED turn on.
4 TURNS: Motor + No Heat > Press Temperature key > All temperature LED’s are lit. Press Dryness Key > Dryness level LED’s are lit. Press Options or Select key > All Option LED’s are lit. Press Start/Pause key > All cycle status LED’s are lit. Press Cancel key > All cycle LED’s are lit.
5 TURNS: Motor + No Heat > Cool Down Led is lit > Control thermistor reading is displayed.
6 TURNS: Motor + Heat > Drying LED is lit > Control thermistor reading is displayed.
7-11 TURNS: All LED’s will flash. To exit, press and hold SELECT and CANCEL for six seconds.

Note any error codes.

Jake

deercreek

Premium Member
Problem started intermittently and now happens every time: no matter what cycle I choose, including Air Fluff/ No Heat, the dryer runs for about 10 seconds then shuts off with control panel lights flashing. I can hear the gas heat try to fire before it shuts off. I am unable to get any diagnostic codes using the methods described. I have reset the circuit breaker, unplugged the dryer and still get the same result

The model is AGQ6000ES4. The diagnostics stepped worked (except no "rES" on the display). No error codes during test. I did try last night disconnecting the vent at the back of the dryer. When I do that, the dryer will run. I am going to try a good vent cleaning later today. (The vent was still disconnected during testing. I will reconnect and run diagnostics again before cleaning the vent. What error code might I expect?)

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The most common error codes are: E8C E24 E25 E5B

READING ERROR CODES
1. Press and hold the Select and Cancel buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds to reset control. The buzzer will sound 1 time and “rES” will be shown briefly in the display.
2. Immediately after, rotate cycle selector knob 2 turns counter-clockwise to the third position from the top, and then press and hold the Select and Cancel buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds. The control will enter Field Test Mode, the
buzzer will sound 3 times, and the digital display will alternate between “Fld” and the firmware revision number (ex. “r03”).
3. Rotate the cycle selector knob 2 turns counterclockwise. The error code will appear in the digit display.
Troubleshoot problem by using chart below(See tech data sheet I'm attaching below to see the chart).
To move on to the next code, press the Options button.
To clear code, press the Select button. Code will be cleared when mode is exited.
To exit this mode, simultaneously press and hold the Select and Cancel buttons for 6 seconds.

Jake

Attachments

• AGQ6700FS2 Tech Sheet.pdf
    296.4 KB · Views: 430

deercreek

Premium Member
No error codes. I cleared the lint throughout the venting and it seems to be working fine now. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Interesting, that was likely just the only problem then, good job.:)

Jake