• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED AFI2539ERM Amana Refrigerator - no water to ice maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonylo

Premium Member
Model Number
AFI2539ERM
Brand
Amana
Mod #AFI2539ERM side by side Amana. With the exception, "no water flows into the ice maker" the ice maker cycles function properly . Water flows to the water dispenser at normal pressure. The water valve for the ice dispenser was replaced and the continuity on both of its circuits tested good.

I tried to remove the ice maker to check the water flow tube for ice, the ice maker would not dislodge from the track its locked into.

Is there another way to check the tube?
Can the flow problem be something other than a frozen supply tube?
Is there another way to access the tube?
Can the circuit board be causing the water flow problem? Is there a way to check the board?
Tony

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Tony,

We need the last 2 digits of your model number, that's very important to see which style ice maker you have. The model number tag is located inside the refrigerator section on the upper walls or ceiling.

Here's the results I get:
AFI2539ERM00
AFI2539ERM01
AFI2539ERM02

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Tony!

The problem is likely the ice maker itself, I've already replaced two of these same ice maker kits for this same issue in Parker, Arizona, and it fixed them both, then I had one in Blythe, CA. and it fixed that one too.

You have to replace the wiring that comes with it as well, the instructions tell you how to do it.

You can also Force cycle the ice maker and measure the voltage at the water valve solenoid at the end of the harvest cycle. If your meter indicates 120 VAC for about 7 seconds, replace the water valve. If your meter indicates less than 100 VAC replace the ice maker.

Read post #5 on HOW TO JUMP T and H to do a FORCE CYCLE in this thread:

Just remove the electrical connector from the ice maker solenoid side of the water inlet valve, then put your meter probes in that electrical connector, then cycle the ice maker and watch the meter to see if you get 120 volts towards the end of the ice maker cycle.

This video shows you how to access the water inlet valve inside the refrigerator section:
The smaller water line tube goes to the ice maker. So the ice maker side solenoid is the YELLOW one, put your meter probes in the electrical connector that goes to the YELLOW solenoid.

I was only getting 48 volts to the ice maker side of the water inlet valve solenoid when I cycled the ice maker. I ordered this exact same ice maker kit FOR ALL THREE of my service calls and it fixed them all.:)

Here's the ice maker kit for your model you can order:
W10882923 Icemaker

Jake

tonylo

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
id forgotten to mention I changed out the water valve "one circuit, the one that allows water into the ice tray was bad" and from that got 1 deliver of ice. The cubes were less that half size. There has been no ice since that 1st. delivery. I did check the circuits on the new valve they were ok then.

Tony

tonylo

Premium Member
OK Jake thanks.

How do I get the ice maker out. I've tried lifting the 1 tab at the front of the track and pulling hard on the ice maker it does not budge. Is there another tab of fastener I'm not seeing.
Tony

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Tony,

Watch this video to pull the ice maker out:

Jake

tonylo

Premium Member
Good evening Jake,
Been at it on and off all day today, with some success. Preformed the checks, determined it is, as you suggested the ice maker. After removing the ice maker and looked around, I found a burnt circuit under the black inner cover, which gave me complete assurance I was on the right track. The replacement part you provided is on order.

After install I'll get back on the String to declare "FIXED"
Thanks for all you help,
Tony

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Tony, good find!

Yes, let us know how it goes after you install the new ice maker kit.:)

Jake

tonylo

Premium Member
It's done success, the sound of tinkling ice cube falling into the tray.

It took some time. Problem with delivery. Ice make ordered on 09 Sept finally delivered on 29 Sept. I call Appliance Parts on the 26th to ask if my order was backordered, after being on hold a few minutes , I was told it would arrive in 3 to 4 days, it arrived on the 30th. After about 2 hours I got it wired up. Installed the ice make around 10pm went to bed. Next morning no ice. Discovered a rookie mistake. Forgot to lower the overflow arm. That done, the ice flows regularly.

Thanks Jake and all for your help.
Tony

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Tony, glad to hear the new ice maker kit fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.