FIXED Aficionado Thermal electric wine cellar. wine cellar not cooling properly

jkconcrete

Premium Member
Model Number
HVT18DFBB
Brand
I have a Aficionado Thermal electric wine cellar not cooling properly......Can you offer a starting point to check since im not sure how these types of units work........

Thanks Rob

Ps corect model number is HVT18DFBB

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Rob,

I don't know anything about this model, hopefully another tech. that does can assist you.

Jake

jkconcrete

Premium Member
After further research......i found info that the thermoelectric modules could be bad. So i order the two modules at $7.00 each and some heat sink compound. I changed the modules out and now it works fine. Im really not sure if it was the modules bad or that the heat sink compound had dried and was no longer transferring the temperature needed for cooling. When i changed the first module i put it in like the old one came out. But when i plugged unit back in it actually was heating up instead of cooling. So since the design of the modules are one side heats and one side cools I flipped the unit over and then it starting cooling in the wine cellar instead of heating up. In closing its amazing how much info you can find on the internet if you take the time to research a problem.

Rob

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job Rob.:)

Jake

aspath

How would we determine which model thermoelectric module would be the right one for the HVT18DFBB?