• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED AGBS300EP1WW GE Americana Gas oven isnt working.

Ineedhelpplease

Premium Member
Model Number
AGBS300EP1WW
Brand
GE
I have an Americana Oven and I went to make tea yesterday and none of the stove pilots will ignite but they get gas and the oven doesn't come on at all. The igniter switch in the oven doesn't glow or anything. I can still use the stove for now, I just have to light it with a lighter. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Thank you. The model number is AGBS300EP1WW.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It sounds like you don't have any power at the wall outlet its plugged into, its very rare to ever see a range go completely dead at once like that.

Unplug the range from the wall outlet, then get a hair dryer and plug it in that same outlet the range was plugged into and see if the hair dryer comes on or not.

Jake

Ineedhelpplease

Premium Member
Hi, thank you so much. You were right. There was a 6 prong outlet plugged into he main outlet and the light above the stove shorted out and my roommate didn't tell me till now and it caused the 6 prong only, to short out as well. Luckily haha So my stove is still working fine. If you know how to fix the light that would be great. I think it's also part of the stove. It has a flip switch for the fan and two push button switches for the long fluorescent light that takes a second or two to come on. If not no worries I'm not too worried about it right now. I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad that was all it was. (y)

If you know how to fix the light that would be great.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix that one, that's very different than I've ever seen before.

Thanks for the update!

Jake