AGD4675YQ2 Admiral Very basic dryer is taking too long to dry clothes

AWSHandy

Premium Member
Model Number
AGD4675YQ2
Brand
Admiral
all mechanical...timer etc.. I put in a new thermistor, cycling thermostat, hi limit thermostat, valve coils, flame sensor. The igniter is fine. Nothing wrong with the burner. Hot air coming thru the outside vent. Still takes more than 1 even 2 cycles to fully dry clothes. I cannot think of anything else than the airflow out being a problem. Re circulation of moist air. Any ideas? What to check other than ductwork to the outside?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Hot air coming thru the outside vent
What are the temps? Heat on, heat off, etc.

Still takes more than 1 even 2 cycles to fully dry clothes. I cannot think of anything else than the airflow out being a problem
Drum seal.
Lint filter.
Ducts inside the dryer.
Venting, vent hood.
Washer not spinning properly.

jeff.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Has this dryer worked properly in this exact location prior to this incident?

If so, the first thing I recommend to check for poor drying is the venting all the way from the dryer to the outdoors. Do a thorough inspection for any blockages, collapses or a malfunctioning outside flapper.

LINK > Dryer vent information

The venting can sometime be ruled out by totally removing the venting from the dryer for a load or two, to see if drying improves. **With a gas dryer running without a vent should only be done minimally during testing and only in a well ventilated room!**

After the venting is absolutely ruled out, looking at the burner operation and heating process might be necessary. Just stating "Nothing wrong with the burner" isn't helping to minimize possible causes. Exactly how it functions can be a clue as to problems.

Dan O.

AWSHandy

Premium Member
Has this dryer worked properly in this exact location prior to this incident?

If so, the first thing I recommend to check for poor drying is the venting all the way from the dryer to the outdoors. Do a thorough inspection for any blockages, collapses or a malfunctioning outside flapper.

LINK > Dryer vent information

The venting can sometime be ruled out by totally removing the venting from the dryer for a load or two, to see if drying improves. **With a gas dryer running without a vent should only be done minimally during testing and only in a well ventilated room!**

After the venting is absolutely ruled out, looking at the burner operation and heating process might be necessary. Just stating "Nothing wrong with the burner" isn't helping to minimize possible causes. Exactly how it functions can be a clue as to problems.

Dan O.
The igniter works fine. The burner turns on, and the dryer is still getting warm near end of cycle. I don't know of any way to increase heat.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
AWSHandy said:
The burner turns on
When the burner turns on does it stay on 100% of the time or cycle on and off? (How quickly it cycles may be important too.)

In any case, I'd suggest you worry about that after the thorough vent inspection/cleaning. JMO

You also didn't say if this dryer has functioned properly in its current location previously. Have you been using this machine for a while? It's not a recent installation?

Last edited: