• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Air Damper issue with GE GSL25JFPABS

8auto

Model Number
GSL25JFPABS
Brand
GE
Hi guys, I found this forum through googling my problem and got very close to figuring everything out thanks to you guys. This forum is a must bookmark.

Long story short, I have an old GE GSL25JFPABS refrigerator with side by side doors. Freezer works great, I found out my refrigerator is not cooling because the air damper stays shut. I can open the air damper without even having to unscrew anything from the freezer side but whatever controls the air damper keeps closing it and keeps it shut.

I read on here that my refrigerators model's air damper may be controlled by the motherboard? Is there no thermostats I can replace or something to fix this simple issue? As a temporary solution, I have opened the air damper about 20% of the way and unplugged it to keep it open.

Any ideas on what exactly is closing the air damper? The air damper is working great, the issue is a timer or a thermostat that I cant seem to spot or whatever else functions this thing.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you all for getting me this far just by using your archives.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The motherboard uses the inputs from the thermistors to control the cooling, compressor on or off, fans on or off, damper open or close, etc, etc. Check the thermistor by the damper. Put the thermistor is a small glass of crushed ice and water (more ice than water). Measure the resistance of the thermistor. At 33*F, the thermistor should have 16.3K ohms resistance. If the thermistor checks OK, replace the motherboard. Is more common for the motherboard to fail on that model.
Thermistor Testing.jpg

Main Control Board WR55X10942P Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Main-Control-Board-WR55X10942-01091473.jpg

Thermistor WR55X10025 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Thermistor-WR55X10025-00855830.jpg