• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED ALW880QAC Amana Washer - Need seal and hub kit

Appliance Guy

Premium Member
Model Number
ALW880QAC
Brand
Amana
I'm trying to locate a seal and hub kit for Amana top load washer. Part# R9900457. It's been discontinued but I found it on Amazon. However, it seems to be missing the main seal for outer tub according to the picture. Does anyone out there know of a source for the complete kit? I also need the top bearing part# 40004201p.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What's the first 2 digits of your serial number?

If its 15 or higher, then the main seal kit is #6 here:

That top bearing part is in-stock here:

Jake

Appliance Guy

Premium Member
The first two digits are 01. The hub and seal kit part# is R9900457. The bearing is the same as the one you listed {40004201p}. As I stated before, the main seal is not pictured in the parts breakdown. It could be that they have it taped to the bottom of the hub. I'll know in a few days as I went ahead and ordered it from Amazon. I would have preferred ordering from my parts distributor but it was no longer available. I searched every parts source I could find on line but it was no longer available. If the kit comes incomplete, I'll still be in the market for the correct kit with main outer tub seal.
Thanks for your input Jake. I'll post when parts arrive with the verdict.
Patrick.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Patrick, yes keep us posted.

But remember if its No Longer Available from Amana, I'd becareful ordering it from a place like amazon, make sure you can get your money back if it doesn't come complete or if it looks flawed.

Jake

Appliance Guy

Premium Member
Good news. The kit I ordered from Amazon was genuine parts from Alliance. Alliance is Speed Queen which produced Amana laundry back in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's. The kit came with all the parts needed, {very good quality}.
Thanks for your input Jake.
Patrick.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Patrick, thanks for the update!

Jake