• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Amana ADB1500AWW1 Runs then stops 3-4 times the shuts off

joecool869

Premium Member
Model Number
ADB1500AWW1
Brand
Amana
Runs then stops 3-4 times then all lights on panel shut off, also the door release handle started sticking a few days ago but worked fine, i see that the handle is a popular item on this model are the 2 issues related? maybe one of the 2 the micro switches aren't closing? ran a self diag by pressing the heated dry 6 times then start all panel lights lit and the heavy wash light was blinking, bad wash Motor? i don't want to replace the handle if it will be needing a wash motor also, thank you for any help

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It sounds like the door handle has cracked or broken, I'd remove it and for cracks in the plastic in it.

Here's the Door Latch Assembly with the handle included for your model:
WPW10130695 Dishwasher Door Latch Assembly

Video Included in part link to replace it.

If the handle isn't cracked or broken and the door switches are good: Remove the kick panel and unplug the motor. Using your multimeter set to ohms, test from the terminal the green wire connected to, to the other three terminals. None of these should read open or zero. There should be a resistance reading there, but through 45 minutes of researching I could not locate the exact resistance of the motor windings.

If any of the readings are zero or open, the motor is bad. If you get a resistance reading on all three, you need to go to the next test.

The next test is for voltage. First, remember to reestablish the power supply. Fill the unit with water so if it were working properly the motor would start. Now with your multimeter set to AC voltage, test from ground to the blue wire. This is the power supply from the control board. If there is voltage there, the start capacitor or the wiring harness have an issue. If there is no voltage from ground to the blue wire, the control board has failed.

Here's the motor for your model in case you need to order it:
6-919922 Wash Motor

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Joe, sounds good.

Jake