Amana ASD2275BRS01 Refrigerator - Freezer not freezing

crvlee3

Premium Member
Model Number
ASD2275BRS01
Brand
Amana
So about two days ago, my amana ASD2275BRS01 side-by-side freezer stopped working. I noticed that towards the bottom of the freezer, it was still pretty cold. So I took everything off of the freezer and took off the back panel inside the Freezer to see if everything was in working order. I noticed that the top part of the coils were frozen as shown in the picture and that the fan was not working. I took a hair dryer and manual defrosted all the ice off. After I did this, the fan started working and after like two mins it was throwing cold air and it even went threw a cycle and made ice. but then a couple of hours later, the same problem occurred. Can anyone help me diagnose this problem? Thank you

image0.jpeg

crvlee3

Premium Member
I didnt see your reply until after I went and brought another bi-metal Thermostat for the refrigerator and installed it thinking that it was the problem. I did that on Thursday morning and it started working perfectly until today, Sunday, at around 12pm when i noticed that water was dripping for the ice bucket. The bottom part of the freezer is cold still. I think I am gonna have to get the evaporator motor for it. Unless it could be something in the defrost system?? I'd appreciate any more help if possible. If it can't be anything else then I will be getting that part tomorrow. Thank you.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It's just the fan motor. It's becoming intermittent sometimes working and sometimes not. That frost pattern is classic fan motor not working.

crvlee3

Premium Member
Ok that's that. tomorrow I'm gonna order that part and hopefully everything will be fixed. Thank you for all your help, rickgburton.