Amana Electric Dryer NED7200TW won't start

Adam Schaffer

Model Number
NED7200TW
Brand
Amana
I have a NED7200TW electric Amana dryer. Was working fine this morning. Went to put a new load of clothes in and all i hear is a clicking noise but it doesnt turn on. I read a previous thread and pulled the thermal fuse, checked its continuity and it appears to be fine. I checked the drum, belt, and pulley wheels spins no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I'll look for the tech sheet for that model but right off the bat try resetting the circuit breakers and check for the correct voltage at the power cord terminal block. Check the door switch for continuity. If the voltage is correct and the door switch checks good, the problem will be the control board. The board has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is no longer available.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
LOL, I found another thread about the broken belt switch. When the belt breaks the dryer will not start either.:)

Here's that thread: FIXED: NED7200TW won t start bigbuck also posted the tech. data sheet in post#2.

Here's the broken belt switch for your model:
35001082 Broken Belt Switch

Or the broken belt switch could be bad itself, disconnect the power to the dryer and ohm test it for continuity.

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I guess it's true what they say, just because it's on the internet doesn't make it true:
Snapshot_4.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member