• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Amana microwave vent fan won't turn off

dolby2thx

Model Number
mvh350ss
Brand
-major brand-
hello

I have a Amana microwave mvh350ss with the exhaust fan that sucks the air from the stove to the outside of the house. Yesterday after cooking food on the stove for awhile with the microwave fan turned to the high position, the fan will not turn off. I push the vent fan switch to off and the display says off, but the fan continues to stay on. The only way to turn it off is to unplug it. Once i replug it in the fan functions fine, turns off when pushed. The problem happened today again. Had to uplug and everything was fine. I read somewhere it could be the thermostat? Any suggestions or info greatly appreciated.:)

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

I found...
MVH350SS-P1323209M
MVH350SS-P1323209SS
MVH350SS-P1323222M

after cooking food on the stove for awhile with the microwave fan turned to the high position, the fan will not turn off.

Normally the bottom of the microwave ( inside ) is protected by having a thermostat that will close and turn on the exhaust fan if the oven bottom gets too hot. Stuck/sticky thermostat, stuck/sticky relay on the board, pinched wire, shorted fan motor would be possible trouble makers....probably from most to least common.

jeff.