Amana NFW7200TW Partially Drains but Gets "nd" Error Code

traxbe

Premium Member
Model Number
NFW7200TW
Brand
Amana
I have an Amana Washer, model # NFW7200TW that is giving me the "nd" error code. It works for about 3/4 of the wash cycle (inclusive of pumping out water) but then the "nd" error code happens toward the end of the cycle. I took apart the pump and confirmed that there are no obstructions. I also took off the boot that attaches to the pump and it also was clear of obstruction. I am able to easily blow through the drain tube. I tested to validate that the pump has continuity and that the wire leading to the pump is providing 120v when the pump tries to turn on. Any thoughts on what to try next?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Error Code nd=No Drain - page3 on tech sheet, see attached.

Possibly its the Electronic Control Board that's bad, but its been discontinued: W10273828 Electronic Control Board

Jake

Attachments

traxbe

Premium Member
I took off the water pressure sensor to test it. I used a volt meter set on ohms. When I touch pins 1+3 of the water pressure sensor, the meter beeps. It does not beep when I touch 1+2 or 2+3. When I blow into the valve, I can hear/feel something inside move. However, it does not change the beep. I would have expected the combo that was beeping to stop and vise versa.

Does it sound like I'm testing the water pressure sensor correctly and would you say this means the water pressure sensor is bad?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
This is what it says to look for with this error code nd:

• Check for restricted drain system.<---YOU HAVE DONE THIS
• In cold climates check for frozen drain hose.<---ITS NOT WINTER
• Check for 120 VAC at the pump when a spin cycle is selected.<---YOU HAVE DONE THIS
• Check pump motor winding resistance. (14.2 ±7% ohms)<---DO THIS
• Check that the machine control correctly senses the water level in the washer. See Board Input Test.<---DO THIS
• Go to Board Output Test and perform Pump out test.<---DO THIS
• Check the machine control board connections at CN10 (Pin 6) for the pump. Should see 110-120VAC.<---DO THIS
(Refer to the component testing procedure)
• Check tub to pump hose for twist in hose.<---DO THIS

This is how you check the water level pressure switch:

Water Sensor Check
Check Voltage at Pin #6 and #7 of CN3
Reset water level = DC2.5V, 25.8KHz
Check Voltage and Frequency at Pin #6 and #8 of CN3
Reset water level = DC2.5V, 25.8KHz

Jake