• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Amana NGD4665EW2 gas dryer no flame

Qort

Model Number
NGD4665EW2
Brand
Amana
I have replaced the coils, igniter, and flame sensor. The igniter fires and as it starts to cool, I hear the coils click but there is never a flame and I don’t smell any gas. It attempts this process 3 times at the beginning of a cycle. Is it the valve itself or could something else be the cause?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Model Number NGD4665EW2

I can find no listing for such a model number. The closest I found was NGD4655EW2. Please double check it.

I have replaced the coils, igniter

You replaced those in an attempt to correct this immediate problem or just at some time in the past?

If all those were replaced to fix this immediate problem and the ignitor cycles on and off (showing it is getting power) and the gas is definitely turned ON, than yes, I don't know anything else except the gas valve that could be responsible. Any failure of the control system and thermostats would prevent the ignitor from even glowing.

The gas valve is available 2 different ways, just the valve part and with the whole burner assembly.

LINK > NGD4655EW2 Gas Valve 279923

LINK > Burner and Valve Asm. W10823508

Dan O.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.