FIXED Amana NTW4700YQ1 intermittant noise

JDWhit

Premium Member
Model Number
NTW4700YQ1
Brand
Amana
Hi there,
Machine is making a weird noise just after it completes filling with water cycle. It makes a crunching grinding sound followed by a squeak/click. It does one crunch/Grind then squeak/click then 3 crunch/grinds followed by a squeak/click...then back to one and so on. Does that sound familiar to anyone. Thanks in advance for looking! I have a video if anyone needs to see it.
regards
JDW

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

JDWhit

Premium Member
I think I'll go out on a limb and purchase the parts first from your link. Yes, mine sounds very similar so I hope that is the fix. MANY MANY thanks for the help!!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok JDW, sounds like a plan, keep us posted.:)

Jake

JDWhit

Premium Member
Thank you Jake, that was exactly the fix!! it was for an apartment that I rent, so, I went and purchased the parts and and, sight unseen, replaced them. To my amazement it worked. I am surprised, because all the old parts look perfect so was not expecting it to work, but it certainly fixed the problem!...a million thanks!...if you have a site or charity I can donate to, please let me know!
THANK YOU!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent JDW, glad to hear that.:)

Merry Christmas!

There is GOLD DONATE button at the bottom of this page, all Donations go back into the server cost of running our site, as hosting costs for running on a dedicated server isn't cheap.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks JDW!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Jake