FIXED Amana NTW5100TQ1 Drain problems

koharra1

Premium Member
Model
NTW5100
Brand
Amana
Strange problem I've never seen a washer do before as a tech.

Have above washer that won't drain unless power is cycled via opening lid or pushing control in and pulling back out. If you start a cycle, timer dial rotates thru wash cycle, and will continue to wash even thru drain and rinse cycle. This will continue until end of full cycle unless you stop it.

If you cycle power when timer reaches point of drain and spin, it starts pumping. Or, if you don't catch it in time, you can push control in, turn to proper point in cycle, pull knob out, and it will pump fine and spin. This also happens during rinse cycle.

Suspect timer (p/n WP8546681), but am hesitant since dial rotates thru whole cycle. When rotated manually, it sounds like all detents on cam are working.

Multimeter died while onsite, so was unable to check outputs of pins 7 and 14 on timer. Your thoughts? Is this a documented problem?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, the timer is the problem.

Here's the timer for your model:
WP8546681 Timer

Jake

koharra1

Premium Member
Thanks

Thanks for your input Jake. I'll go ahead and order a timer. I suspected as such, but was puzzled that it still advanced, plus the fact that it would work if I cycled the power.

Kevin

koharra1

Premium Member
One more quick question Jake. The timer in the washer is a 8546681C. The replacement I found is a 8546681B. I assume this is just a rev number and a B can replace a C?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The last letter at the end has no relevance on the part number.

Just order it from my link to it above in post #3 and you will be good to go.:)

Jake

koharra1

Premium Member
It worked

Just to let you and anyone else know, I replaced the timer the other day and it worked. Thanks again Jake!!!

Kevin

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Kevin, glad to hear the new timer fixed it.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake