• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Amana SXD23VW will not stay cold enough, just asking for second opinions before i get a new one.

Nick4203

Premium Member
Model Number
SXD23VW
Brand
Amana
So as you can tell by the tite i have an Amana SXD23VW. Couple of days ago i noticed my pizza rolls where kinda not frozen all the way, i didnt think much of it as i have an autistic son who cant ever seem to close the fridge doors. Well i got home after work Friday night, and realized that everything was thawed out.

A couple months ago i had to replace the Defrost sensor and the timer. I rechecked both of those items and they are working just fine. THe freezer is defrosting like it is supposed to. The condenser fan is running, and the condenser motor seems to be working as well. I checked the condenser coils, and they are clean and clear for airflow. I have checked everything, and everything seems to be running just fine. Im to the conclusion that it must be something in the closed system. I want to see if anyone has any other ideas to check, or if i can get a second opinion and say that it is the closed system before i pitch it and spend the retarded amount of money for a new one. Thanks!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Make sure the compressor is running. Compressors normally run warm to very warm. A compressor running hot to extremely hot usually indicates a problem in the sealed system. Leave the machine plugged in and running and remove the evaporator cover and check the frost pattern on the coils.
Frost Patterns.jpgSealed System.jpg

Nick4203

Premium Member
Already have done all that, there is no frost pattern. The freezer is only sitting at about 34 degrees. The compressor it a little warm to the touch, but not as warm as it seems it should be. The air coming from the back of the fridge is very cool and not warm at all.